Mapo Tofu Dumps
Mapo Tofu is one of the most well-known Chinese dishes. In this version, shiitake and eggplant join tofu for the party. This vegetarian dump is spicy, hearty, with just a bit of tang. (18 pieces freshly frozen)
Tofu, shiitake, eggplant, salt, ginger, garlic, scallion, green cabbage, white pepper, chili (oil, bean paste), fermented tofu, sesame (oil, seeds), flour, water.
Cook from frozen do not defrost. Meat dumplings are raw and need to be cooked through. Do not pull dumps apart, the dough will break. Cook as instructed and they will separate when they are cooked.
Boiling Prep Time: 8 mins
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil on high heat.
- Drop the dumps and stir. Don’t let them stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Turn the heat down to medium heat and gently simmer for 6-7 mins. Rapid or a rolling boil will break them.
- Scoop and drain off all excess water.
Pan Fry Prep Time: 10-15 mins
- Pre heat a non-stick pan with a thin layer of vegetable oil on medium heat.
- Once the oil is heated, add dumps bottom down and let them brown evenly.
- Add 200ml water to the pan and cover the pan with a fitted lid to steam and boil.
- Lift the lid after 6 mins and slowly cook the water away.
- Cook the bottoms until they’re crispy and golden or dark brown.